Duties & Expectations of a GBD Board Member
The newly-formed Dogpatch & Northwest Potrero Hill Green Benefit District needs Board Members who are willing to take on the rewarding work of starting a new nonprofit organization. This is not a paid position, but promises the satisfaction associated with improving the neighborhood. The Board is responsible for managing the District's annual assessment income according to the specifications outlined in the GBD Management Plan. The funds are to be used to:
- Clean, maintain, enhance, and expand Public Realm areas in the Dogpatch and Northwest Potrero Hill neighborhoods.
- Support community volunteer efforts.
- Promote sound ecological practices with a locally controlled, sustainable, and transparent funding structure.
- Promote a high-level of transparency and accountability in how GBD funds are spent.
Board Members are required to attend monthly Board Meetings as well as perform Committee work. Board Members should look forward to working together along with a part-time paid Executive Director and maintenance staff.
GBD Board Seats
The Dogpatch & Northwest Potrero Hill Green Benefit District Management Plan specifies board composition which results in the seats below:
- Dogpatch Property Owners – 6
- Northwest Potrero Hill Property Owners – 2
- Dogpatch Tenants – 1
- Northwest Potrero Hill Tenants – 1
- Green Space Advocates – 3
2015 Board Election Timeline
- Nomination Period Begins – September 23
- Nomination Period Ends - October 21
- Election Period Begins - November 1
- Election Period Ends - November 23
See all Updates